Join us and a panel of experts to explore the impact and possible counter measures to the tariffs that may affect your companies’ bottom lines.
By popular request, the Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce will host a business luncheon at our Chamber Office on the subject “Tariffs Impacts & Counter Measures” to explain the impact of recent and possible future tariffs on various goods and services between the US and foreign countries, and to explore possible counter measures that local businesses and multinational companies could resort to in order to offset the impact.
At this event, we will be discussing the following questions:
- Impact on Trade – Can these measures offset trade imbalance or make it worse?
- Impact on Job Market – Will the tariffs measures bring jobs back or save jobs in the US?
- Impact on FDI – Will these measures bring more FDI to the US or scare them away?
- Impact on Company Bottom Lines – With raw materials cost rising on average 15-25%, how will that affect your company’s bottom line?
- Counter Measures by Federal, State and Local Legislation – What if anything, can the Congress do to stop trade wars from happening? What are some of the legislative measures the State and Local governments can do?
- Counter Measures by WTO – What are some of the complaints that have been filed with WTO and what are the likely outcomes and their impact?
- Counter Measures by Individual Companies – What can be done at the micro level for businesses to get around these trade tariffs and maintain their bottom lines and customer satisfaction?
- Bright Side Stories – How to survive the trade war and come out winning?
As always, lunch buffet catered by some of the region’s best Chinese restaurants will be provided at this event.
Friday, July 27, 2018 from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
05.31 – Members Networking Event: Festo Corporation
Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce is proud to present a Members Only Event on May 31, 2018. Members who are interested please register below for an exclusive guided tour of Festo Corp. facility in Mason, OH followed by a company presentation and working lunch. If any questions please contact Leo Chan 513.501.3087.
All Chamber Members please join us at Festo Corp.
Thursday, May 31, from 1PM to 3PM
05.15 – NKITA & The Oriental Wok Welcome the
Minister for Commercial Affairs from the Embassy of China
Join the NKY International Trade Association and the Oriental Wok as they welcome Minister Zhu Hong, Minister for Commercial Affairs, Embassy of the People’s Republic of China.
Tueday, May 15, from 2:30PM to 4:30PM