07.27 – Business Luncheon:
Tariffs Impact & Counter Measures
Join us and a panel of experts to explore the impact and possible counter measures to the tariffs that may affect your companies’ bottom lines.
By popular request, the Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce will host a business luncheon at our Chamber Office on the subject “Tariffs Impacts & Counter Measures” to explain the impact of recent and possible future tariffs on various goods and services between the US and foreign countries, and to explore possible counter measures that local businesses and multinational companies could resort to in order to offset the impact.
At this event, we will be discussing the following questions:
- Impact on Trade – Can these measures offset trade imbalance or make it worse?
- Impact on Job Market – Will the tariffs measures bring jobs back or save jobs in the US?
- Impact on FDI – Will these measures bring more FDI to the US or scare them away?
- Impact on Company Bottom Lines – With raw materials cost rising on average 15-25%, how will that affect your company’s bottom line?
- Counter Measures by Federal, State and Local Legislation – What if anything, can the Congress do to stop trade wars from happening? What are some of the legislative measures the State and Local governments can do?
- Counter Measures by WTO – What are some of the complaints that have been filed with WTO and what are the likely outcomes and their impact?
- Counter Measures by Individual Companies – What can be done at the micro level for businesses to get around these trade tariffs and maintain their bottom lines and customer satisfaction?
- Bright Side Stories – How to survive the trade war and come out winning?
As always, lunch buffet catered by some of the region’s best Chinese restaurants will be provided at this event.
Friday, July 27, 2018 from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
08.18 – Voyage of the Red Violin Concert
Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce in collaboration with Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra is proud to present Voyage of the Red Violin Concert. The legendary “Mendelssohn” Stradivarius violin that inspired the film The Red Violin is coming to Cincinnati. The fictionalized voyage of this violin through the centuries creates a musical blueprint for this concert that will take us to contrasting musical worlds. Concert will begin in China, one of the stops for the violin, with music by composers who grew up during the Cultural Revolution when classical music was forbidden.