- [Roundtable Discussion] Plant Closures of China-based Operations – Operational, Legal & Regulatory Risk Mitigation (6/22)
- Member Profile: Kroger & G4C Board Member Franklin Lim
- China: A Focus on Risk Reduction and Shadow Lending (6/14)
- A Fireside Chat with Ann Munson Steines (6/14)
- City of Cincinnati Super Recycle Drop Off (6/4)
- Nominations for Ohio Asian Awards due 6/15
Chinese Chamber Member Profile
Fifth Third Bank
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $141 billion in assets and operates 1,254 full-service Banking Centers, including 95 Bank Mart® locations, most open seven days a week, inside select grocery stores and 2,593 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. More information is available at www.53.com. Fifth Third Bank was established in 1858. Member FDIC.
As one of the primary supporter of our Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Fifth Third brings to our Chamber a wealth of experience and expertise from its Asian & Pacific Islander Business Resource Group (BRG). The BRG is a group of Fifth Third employees collaborating to align business and social goals to enhance the company’s success and sustainability. Specifically, the BRG shares cultural values and celebrates differences, helps its members network, develops skills and gain exposures for its members with senior leadership, and expands network impacts and provide insight to improve company products and services. More importantly, the BRG is a group committed to serving our communities. From this BRG, we are fortunate to have Mr. John Guo as a member of our Chamber’s Board of Directors for the past three years.
We take this opportunity to thank Fifth Third and Mr. John Guo for your continued support of our Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce and our members.
John Guo, Senior Vice President of Consumer Risk, Fifth Third Bank
John Guo is a Senior Vice President at Fifth Third Bank. He received his Ph.D. in Business Administration with Minor in Statistics and M.S. in Industry Engineering from the Pennsylvania State University. He has over nineteen years of senior management experiences in consumer lending/banking. He previously held senior risk management positions in JPM Chase, HSBC as Director, Vice President, Senior Vice President and Chief Credit Officer. He is the Asian-Pacific BRG executive advocate of Fifth Third Bank. He is actively involved in community development and serves as a Board Member of the Great Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce.
John also has extensive publications and is an invited speaker at various international conferences. He has research articles published in Decision Sciences Journal, Transport Research, Journal of the Operational Research Society, and Journal of Business Logistics.
- Featured Program (3/18): Chinese Yuan’s Changing Role in the Global Financial Markets
- 2016 Lunar New Year Gala Photos & Thank You
- Call for 2016 Membership Renewals
- Network with International Visitors from Hong Kong Polytechnic University (3/10)
- Membership Insight (RMB)
- Call for Mentors for Finance & Accounting Mentorship Program (3/29)
- 2016 Jobs 4International Students Career Fair (3/9)