German Chancellor Angela Merkel spent several days in China. She toured Chengdu and learned a thing about Sichaun food, arguably the best style of Chinese cuisine.
- A short panel discussion from Bloomberg on Merkel’s visit
- USA Today’s take on the visit
- And Xinhua’s style for coverage from the press briefing
US Secretary of State John Kerry and Treasury Secretary Jack Lew are headed to Beijing this week to talk about intellectual property rights; China’s valuation of its currency, the yuan; cyberhacking; and maritime disputes in the South China Sea.
- Al Jazeera America had a panel discussion to preview the meeting
- Oman Daily News did their own piece on the coming talks
Also, today marked the 77th anniversary of the start of the resistance by the Chinese against the Japanese during the Second World War.