Beer & Guanxi
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM at Karrikin Spirits
Our popular Beer & Guanxi networking comes back strong with in-person meetings. Join us for a business after hour networking opportunity, followed by the China Town Hall hosted by renowned political commentator Fareed Zakaria and a discussion with former AmCham Shanghai President, ASG Senior Advisor Kenneth Jarrett, presented to you by M3C.
- Date: Oct 19, 2021
- Time: 6-9 pm EDT
- Venue: Karrikin Spirits Distillery
- Attire: Business casual
- Fee: No entry fee. Cash bar on site.
- RSVP: Click “Register Now!” below and fill out the registration form
- Kick off by M3C Chair
- Briefing by Executive Director
- Networking in person and virtually with former AmCham President, ASG Senior Advisor Kenneth Jarrett
- China Town Hall by Fareed Zakaria (virtual)
- Q&A with Kenneth Jarrett
Join us for an important China Town Hall with Fareed Zakaria, with special guest moderator Kenneth Jarrett, former president of AmCham Shanghai.
October 19, China Town Hall Agenda:
- 6:45pm-7:00pm EDT, Pre-event warm up and networking
- 7:00pm-8:00pm EDT, China Town Hall by Fareed Zakaria
- 8:00pm-9:00pm EDT, China Business Briefing by Kenneth Jarrett, Q&A
Kenneth Jarrett is a Senior Advisor at ASG, where he draws on decades of business and diplomatic experience in China and across East Asia to provide perspective and advice to businesses, investors, and other organizations with interest in the region.
Most recently, Mr. Jarrett spent five years as President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai. Under his leadership, the Chamber helped hundreds of companies establish and grow their networks in China and navigate operational and regulatory challenges.
Previously, Mr. Jarrett was a distinguished diplomat whose positions included service as Consul General in Shanghai, and as Deputy Consul General in Hong Kong. His 26-year foreign service career also included postings in Beijing, Chengdu, and Singapore. His government roles in Washington, D.C, included serving as Director of Asian Affairs at the White House National Security Council. Following his government service, Mr. Jarrett served as Chairman of Greater China for APCO Worldwide.
Mr. Jarrett is a frequent commentator on the business environment in China, and he has been quoted in outlets including Bloomberg, the Economist, the Financial Times, the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal, among others.
He is the recipient of the Magnolia Award (Silver) from the Shanghai government and is a member of the National Committee for U.S.-China Relations.
Mr. Jarrett earned an M.A. in East Asian Studies from Yale University and an M.A. in National Security Studies from the National War College. He received a B.A. in History from Cornell University. He speaks Mandarin Chinese.
He is based in Shanghai, China.
About ASG: Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategy and commercial diplomacy firm that helps clients understand and successfully navigate the intersection of public, private, and social sectors in international markets. ASG’s worldwide team has served clients in more than 120 countries. Learn more at www.albrightstonebridge.com.
M&A Workshop: Business Culture Transition & Assimilation
As cross-border mergers and acquisitions are happening, how to ensure a smooth transitioning and assimilation of different business culture between China and the US? M3C invites you to join a panel of experts on this subject matter. Join us for this M&A Workshop: Business Culture & Assimilation.
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM EST
Guest Speaker: Jeff Liu, CEO, Fuyao Glass USA
Accomplished multicultural global business professional with over 20 years experiences in large scale global manufacturing operations. Experienced as board directors, cross functional organization capabilities, results-oriented, visionary executive with international experiences in supply chain operations. Expertise in communication, problem solving and multi-functional diverse audience through extensive leadership experience in North America, Asia Pacific, China and Europe. A respectful and trustworthy leader, experienced in developing and leading high performing team as well as coaching and motivating the team through challenging organization changes. Specialties: Leadership, Innovation, M&A negotiation, Program management, Strategic sourcing, Sales & marketing, Persuasion, Decision-making, Mentoring, International relations, Vision and imagination.
Asia Trade Mission 2021
M3C is the #1 regional business association to host trade delegations to Asia’s largest trade shows. Join dozens of Midwestern businesses that have succeeded in securing export and foreign direct investments opportunities after visiting China and Hong Kong SAR as part of the Midwest USA Chinese Chamber of Commerce China Trade Mission delegation.
Wednesday, November 3 – Sunday, November 21
Objectives of the trade mission:
- Attend trade shows and meetings to showcase products and services from Midwest USA
- Attract direct investments and visitors, promote trade and economic development and create jobs in Midwest USA
- Build bridges and promote mutual understanding through dialogues and enhance sister cities and friendship cities relationships
- Provide third-party** vendor and supplier certification and verification services for enhanced supply chain management***
Major events and trade shows included* in the trade mission:
- China International Import Expo, Nov 5-10, Shanghai
- China High Tech Fair, Nov 17-21, Shenzhen
* Visitors access only. Exhibitor access requires separate registration and additional fees may apply. Consult our office for details.
Target markets and industries:
- Arts, entertainment and recreation
- E-commerce and logistics
- Education services
- Hospitality and tourism
- Manufacturing – automobile, aviation and aerospace
- Real estate
Who should join:
- Business development professionals
- Business owners and executives
- Economic development professionals
M3C provides registration and travel recommendation service only. Guests are responsible for all travel expenses. Group rates discounts available. Contact our office for details.
** M3C retains the use of third-party services to conduct supplier certification and verification services
*** M3C promotes and advocates for an “Enhanced Supply Chain” for US businesses in order to maintain a sustainable supply chain that respects and addresses social responsibility and national security concerns.
Midwest USA Chinese Chamber of Commerce is committed to be your main resource for all China related matters! We create and stimulate opportunities, provide benefits and foster cooperation among all regional Midwest American and Chinese organizations. We arrange events and activities to promote trade and investments that lead to job creation.
Our feature events include:
- Asian Financial Forum by Hong Kong Trade Development Council, January 2021
- Canton Fair by the Ministry of Commerce of PRC, April and October 2021
- Trade Winds by the Int’l Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce, April 2021
- China International Consumer Products Expo by the Ministry of Commerce of PRC, May 2021
- China International Import Expo by the Ministry of Commerce of PRC, November 2021
- China High Tech Fair by a panel of ministries and commissions of PRC, November 2021
Our participation in these events is designed to promote members and affilliated businesses from the Midwest USA to increase our exposure and gain market share in the highly competitive market.
WE HELP YOU FIND SUPPLIERS AND BUYERS,
SO YOU MAY FOCUS ON WHAT’S MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU!